Monday, February 22, 2010

A tribute to Abbey Industries

For the March / April edition of ARC Notes, the agency will be paying tribute to Abbey Industries, which is getting ready to change into the "Options and Opportunities" program.  For three decades, the sheltered workshop has provided vocational counseling and programming for hundreds upon hundreds of Ontario County residents with developmental disabilities.  To prepare, I've spent most of my day looking through old photographs and agency newsletters -- most taken before I was even born.  The oldest one I've come across is from June 1977, which I've turned into an electronic format for your reading pleasure...



What's your favorite memory of Abbey Industries?


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage everyone to share their feelings and thoughts about all of our postings. Please be respectful and refrain from using inappropriate language.