Friday, February 12, 2010

Spread the Word to End the Word

On Tuesday, I posted a PSA featuring John C. McGinley about Spread the Word to End the Word. But in my excitement over the PSA, I forgot to give you more information about this great cause...


r-word.org

click above to go www.r-word.org

Spearheaded by the Special Olympics in conjunction with Best Buddies International, the campaign is looking to get a 100,000 people from across the country to pledge their support to end their use of the word "retard" or "retarded".  March 3 is the second annual "day of awareness" -- and, March is also Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. 

I made my pledge and encourage everyone -- whether you a Chapter member, parent, family member, or friend -- to do the same.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage everyone to share their feelings and thoughts about all of our postings. Please be respectful and refrain from using inappropriate language.