Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Two Favorite Things Collide

Hello, my name is Brenda Burton and I am the new occupational therapist (OT) working with Pet Connections!  I am very excited to have become a part of the Ontario ARC family.  I have been an OT for 12 years working with children and adults with various abilities and disabilities.  In most recent years I have specialized in developmental and intellectual disabilities with a focus on adaptive equipment and accessible home renovations.

My whole life I have been an animal lover and even debated about becoming a veterinarian.  However, my queasy stomach and passion to help people outweighed my love of animals.  Although my home has never been complete without having several animals in it.  Currently we have a cat, a dog, 3 adult fish with 20 baby fish, and a yellow Russian tortoise!

I am very grateful to Ontario ARC for providing me with the opportunity to combine my love for animals with my passion for working with and helping people!  As a member of Pet Connections I am focusing on developing individualized and specific goals that drive animal assisted interventions to increase participants'  skills as well as their future success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage everyone to share their feelings and thoughts about all of our postings. Please be respectful and refrain from using inappropriate language.